Saturday, January 5, 2013

Reason I Am Starting To Blog


I'm pretty excited to share with you some details of my life here in Belize!

For those of you interested in getting to know more about me and about Belize, YOU are the reason I am starting this blog. I would like to think that I can inspire you to go make a difference in your church, community, or your family.

The blog title comes from brainstorming a name. From Haley's Vida (Life), Haley's Mundo (World) and, finally, HALEY'S COMmEnT. I decided on HALEY'S COMmEnT because, as a young girl, who's family evangelized most of my adolescent years, when we would go to a church, almost always someone would come up and ask me my  name. When I would respond, "Haley," they'd immediately pipe up, "LIKE THE COMET?" I would then begin to explain that, yes, it sounded alike, but was spelled differently. :o) Therefore, years later, here I am writing a blog, with those from my youth as an inspiration for the title!


Join me in this journey as I share details of my life, family and burden for the people of Belize!

p.s. Have you or anyone you know visited Belize? Please share your answers in the comments section below.

If you are going to be a champion, you must be willing to pay a greater price. Bud Wilkinson


"Don't Worry, Be Happy"


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting your blog! I look forward to learning more about Belize & the great work God is doing there!
    Markay Reeves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thanks for pushing me to reach for goals I would've never done on my own.

      Delete
  2. May God Bless your efforts to build a work in Belize. Look forward to my next trip down. Byron Reeves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you. Trying to work on dates right now for the team to come down. As of right now, it looks like sometime early in March is gonna work for us. Hopefully it'll work for you guys as well!

      Delete
  3. My husband and I were in Belize for about 3 months. We were helping with the school. We loved those kids.
    We had to leave several months early because my husband's mother got sick and passed away. We were unable to return for financial reasons.
    The Joiners provided us with a place to stay and we enjoyed being with all the people in Belize.
    Sis. Anne Marie Gaines/Goshen, IN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis. Gaines, may God Bless you richly for what y'all did while here. Blessings on you in the new year!

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward to reading your blog! :O) I have never been to Belize, but as I work toward my second missions trip I am intensely interested in the perspectives of those who have made the transition to the foreign field.
    Elaine/Rolla, MO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine,
      Being a missionary is different and time consuming. It's something that only comes from God. I know that from experience. I hope that while you are reading each post, you are blessed and inspired! Blessings to you on your journey!

      Delete