Friday, January 25, 2013

Blessings!!!

As I was sitting here thinking about the different things that life has for a person, I was thinking about my many Blessings (BendiciĆ³nes)!

I was blessed to be raised in this wonderful truth!

I was blessed to have parents that encouraged me to follow after God. I received the Holy Ghost when I was 9 at a church my dad pastored on Red Oak Road in Livingston, LA.

When I was 23, the Lord blessed me to marry my best friend, Jose Hernandez.

When I was 24, He blessed me with a sweet little girl. Josey Madelynn Hernandez. She has made me see the world through her eyes. That's a pretty awesome experience!

Then, there are people that bless you and things in life that bless you. I wrote all of this to tell you about a person, whom I've never met, that blessed me.

His name is, Billy Roberts.


Bro. Roberts! =o)
Bro. Roberts' granddaughter, Amy Hood, lives here in Belize. She is married to a minister, Jason Hood. (The Hood's are missionaries here as well) Bro. Hood is a musician and is giving lessons to different people here. I am privileged to be one of those students. Not only am I learning keyboard, but I am learning to play the mandolin too.

I had mentioned to Bro. Hood that I was interested in buying a mandolin. He said, "Let me talk to my grandfather-in-law about it." So, he did and Bro. Roberts looked into getting me a mandolin.
While the Hood's were in the U.S. in December for vacation/family time, Bro. Roberts gave a brand new mandolin to the Hood's to bring back to me. I asked the Hood's how much I owed Bro. Roberts. In which they replied, "Nothing, he wanted to do this for you."  I was humbled that a man that doesn't even know me, would do something like this for me.

That goes to show you there are still people with kind hearts in this world.

While I have never met you, Bro. Roberts, I appreciate your sacrifice. It is a blessing to me. Thank you so much and may the Lord richly bless you and yours!



And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. II Corinthians 9:8


"Don't Worry, Be Happy"

No comments:

Post a Comment