Thursday, July 18, 2013

Trust


I was just thinking about something. This morning as my 3-year-old daughter and I were walking out of the house, I put my hand down as if to hold her hand. I never told her to hold my hand, but blindly and trustingly, she lifted her hand to hold mine. Trusting that I will lead her correctly, trusting that by holding her hand, that I wouldn’t lead her dangerously, that I wouldn’t lead her just to let her fall somewhere along the path.

While I was thinking about her innocent trust (confianza), it also made me think of my Father. Not my earthly one, but my Celestial Father. We, as humans, somewhere in life have to learn to trust. Trust in others; trust in ourselves and to trust in a faith and to trust in a God.

Just as the scripture says, Psalm 71:5 “For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.”

I trust in Him. I trust that He’ll see me through each day. I reach up to His reaching down hand and He is there. He sees the path before me. He knows what will happen before I do; yet He still lets His hand down for me to hold. Trustingly, innocently, I hold it, knowing that if I stumble or fall, that ever-present hand is there to pick me up. Trusting that He'll lead me down the right path.

I may veer off course, but He never leaves me and is gently nudging me to get back on the right path, to not follow the dangerous, unknown path.

I am so thankful for a God that will never leave me, nor forsake me. He’s ever present and His hands are always there to hold mine and lead me correctly.


"Don't Worry, Be Happy"

No comments:

Post a Comment