Sunday, April 14, 2013

Special Health Training & Fair

For those of you that didn't know, I am a part of the local village Health Committee. Just recently, I was voted in as the President. Eeek!

Anyway, when they asked me to be the President, I wasn't and still am not sure of what I'm doing, but I am trying.

I asked Marc Majors, President of MedExpress, if there was any way for us to be able to put together a Health Training and Health Fair. He said, "Sure!" So here I was thinking, ok, he will do it, but not soon. Boy, was I in for a shock when he contacted me a few weeks ago to let me know he could work it into his schedule and into the schedule of a few others. So, March 4-8, 2013, we held a Training in our fellowship hall of the headquarter church. Then, on the 9th of March, 2013, we held a Health Fair at our local Soccer Field. Our instructors were Butch Clark & Kevin Warren.

Both the Training and the Fair went extremely well. We had 34 students in the classes and most of these students helped with the Fair. We were able to see/screen 216 people. It was awesomized!!!

We were also able to teach 71 School aged children in Basic First Aid. I do believe we had a successful week.

These students received Certificates of Achievement and are eligible to receive Red Cross Certificates.

Now that last week is over, I am working on putting some more events like this together. Would love to bring Doctors, nurses and others in the Medical Field to Belize for exams and whatever is needed in their field of expertise.

Have you ever done a medical missions? Would you enjoy doing something like that?
Mark Majors accepting his Certificate of Appreciation

We would love to have you come and do things like this. Please contact me if you feel a tugging at your heart to do a missions trip like this. You don't have to be affiliated with a church to do a trip like this.


 "Making A Healthier (saludable) Community"

"Don't Worry, Be Happy"


My brother, Mark, and Kevin Warren. One of the instructors.

Butch Clark accepting his Certificate of Appreciation







2 comments:

  1. Hello Sister,
    I am a nurse and would be interested in more info on the medical missions. Could you email me at bbrownlpn630@gmail.com?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We've had a few medical teams to come down. Any questions you might have, email them to me at haleyjoiner@gmail.com
      I'd be happy to answer any you may have.

      Delete